Tuesday, February 24, 2015



Hey everyone!!
FIRST OF ALL...
I NEED TO WISH MY AMAZINGLY CUTE LITTLE BROTHER ELI A HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Eli, I hope you have the greatest day ever! I wish I could be there to give you the biggest hug of your life! I love you to the moon and back, bud! Eli, I know this is nothing...but I want you to know that I miss you so much and wish I could be there with you this Saturday!!! I cant believe youre almost 12 AND almost a Deacon!! Im so proud of you Eli. I love you to DEATH!!!!

On our way up to San Cristobal
 I hope youve all had a wonderful week...I need to say that this email will be pretty short. Today, my companion and I, along with my roommates, went to San Cristobal which is about an hour metro ride. After get lost almost 10 times, we made it back late!
This week has definitely had its ups and downs but I can say with all of my heart that I love being a missionary. Its the best feeling EVER! Ive had so many amazing experiences this week...truly amazing experiences. My Heavenly Father testifies of his mercy and love every single day through little miracles.
Hermana Garcia looking out over Santiago. I am so blessed to have her as my companion!



SANTIAGO
 Dad, I took your picture with me today so that you could revisit this mountain! I felt very close to you today and it made it really special to stand where you once stood.

I brought a picture of my Dad with me since he served here in 1988

Dad stood at the top of this same mountain when he served in Santiago...

 The language is coming. Hahaha. I have my great days and then my not so great days. BUT this is kinda cool. Ive had many many people, all native Chileans, tell me that theyre impressed with my Spanish and that theyre surprised that Ive only been in Chile for 8 weeks! They say I dont sound like a GRINGA AT ALL. Best thing Ive ever heard in my life. Keep praying that the language will keep coming!

This is my favorite wall that we pass everyday, even though it doesn't make any sense!

Sunset near our apartment

Santiago Temple at night

I'm not sure what faces we're making, but the helado is AWESOME here!
I went on Divisions this week in a place called Diego Portales. All of the girls I was with ONLY spoke Spanish. Two from Argentina, and one from Dominican Republic. As I was on my way there on the metro, I was praying SO hard that I would be able to at least communicate with them. I was terrified, honestly. So nervous. But dang, the Lord blessed me with the Gift of Tongues that day because I was having some REALLY GREAT conversations with those amazing girls. It was a fantastic experience! They were teaching me Spanish, and I was teaching them English!

Elder Steeves and Elder Campbell will make great missionaries!

Our District in the CCM
I truly am so grateful for this experience. I cant say it enough. Its so rewarding on so many different levels. Sure, its so hard sometimes. But Ive already learned so much about myself, and so much about my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. This is an experience that I would never ever be able to have, anywhere but here. I love you all and hope you have an awesome week!!

xoxo
Hermana Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment