Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Hello ALL,

I hit my official 5 month mark this week! Woohoo!

I hope you guys have had a wonderful week! Before I start, I have GOT to wish my wonderful, amazing, talented, loving mother a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I have to say, one of the best compliments EVER that Ive gotten so much on my mission is that I look just like you, mom. Everyone says that when I show them pics of my family, and it always makes me the happiest girl. You are an angel, momma. I hope you have the best day tomorrow! Just know that I will be singing happy birthday to you alllll day long in my head.

Oh, I also just want to say how grateful I am for those who have sacrificed their lives for our wonderful country. This Memorial Day I may be very far from home, but my heart is forever grateful for the men and women who put their lives on the line for the love for their country. What heroes they are to me. Dad, thank you for being my hero and for teaching me through your sacrifices. I love you!
My trip to the temple was AMAZING!

me encanta ver el templo

This week has not only been the hardest week of my mission, but the hardest week of my life. I dont want anyone to think i am being dramatic or using those words lightly, because it truly has been a very rough week. The rough thing about it, is that I almost cant tell you why. BUT I can tell you one thing that I have been learning. That Satan is real. In the Church, we focus a lot on the love that Jesus Christ has for us. He is the center of our beliefs, He is the head of our Church and He guides us every day. But I think sometimes we forget to acknowledge that Satan too has a purpose...he has a plan and that plan is to make us as miserable as he can. This week I had really been struggilng with so many feeling of self doubt, lack of confidence, etc. It got so bad that I couldnt sleep at night. I couldnt stop thinking about the fact that I felt so inadequate to be a missionary, so unprepared to teach the gospel. Then, it got to the point where I was asking myself, "wait, do I even have a testimony?" Of course, I began freaking myself out. LUCKILY I had the support of my amazing companion, Hermana Valladares, and another missionary in my pension, Hermana Sullenger. They both gave me unconditional love and advice, that literally answered my prayers with exactness. I was able to go to the temple and feel of the Spirit SO strongly...a feeling of insurmountable peace overcame me, and I wept because im so grateful for my Father in Heaven and His love for me. I also had the chance to receive a priesthood blessing from my Ward Mission Leader, Hermano Leon which made a world of difference. I was told that in the premortal life, when we lived with our Father before this life, Satan also knew me.....and he knew how loyal I was to my Heavenly Father. He knows my weaknesses and shortcomings, and knows that as a missionary, I want to be as successful as possible. I can truly tell you that I have felt him attacking me from all sides, but that it has only been through my Savior that I have remained sane. Im so grateful for the tender mercies that I have in my life. 
I went on intercambios in tridad on Saturday
 while Hermana Valladares was at the temple.
I got to see Hermana Miller!!!! LOVE HER
We flew out of DFW the same day!

The temple at night! I love this place with all of my heart.




 Well, now its time to brag about my companion. 
Dang, I got so lucky. Honestly at first, I was a little frustrated with the way things were going with me and Hermana Valladares. But through the trials that we have gone through this week, we have grown so close. She is so strong, and such an example to me...IN A GOOD WAY! She has been there with me every step of the way, and is always 100% willing to help me out when i am having a moment of weakness. I feel so much love from my Heavenly Father because of her. He knows me, and He loves me. He knows what I need, and I am so grateful for that.

 Me and Hermana Valladares!! AH horrible picture, but shes the greatest.
I love this Gospel so much! I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. He is always waiting for us with open arms. 
Hope you all have a great week!!

xoxo,
Hermana Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment