Tuesday, June 2, 2015




HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA! I hope you had such a great week, because you deserve it more than anything! I was seriously so happy to see that you guys got to make a little time in your hectic week to celebrate it with such a cute cake and BEAUTIFUL flowers. Im impressed Dad and boys.... good work :) 



This week has been a lot better than the last. I have learned many things and I feel like I am growing from the constant struggles that I have. FIRST OFF heres pretty crazy news. I am now in a trio. We think its only for this week, but its because Hermana Mayor has had a pretty bad sprained ankle for a long time...so bad that she cant walk very much and has to rest a lot because its constantly bothering her! This has gone on for about 2 months. She was in a boot for an ENTIRE change and nothing has changed, so President and Hermana Wright decided that she needed to rest for a week in there house! Anyway, that left my dear friend Hermana Jimenez without a companion, obviously. So this week we get to be a trio. Its really funny because Ive heard all about how DIFFICULT a trio is and can be, but never ever dreamed I would have the chance to try one out! Well this is my chance. This week should be interesting!!


 TRIO WOOP WOOP...
 Cordillera officially has a trio for this week. 
Me and Hermana Valladares

We have made a lot of progress this week with our investigators. Remember Samuel? Precious, sweetheart Samuel (from Up)? Well for a while he was not progressing much at all because he just WOULD NOT for the life of him go to church. He didnt want to make the effort. It was the most frustrating thing because I literally love him so much....I want him to be able to ENJOY the blessings of this gospel and he knows its true, he has said it so many times and he just never could take that baby step of acting on his faith. WELL on Thursday Hermana Valladares and I were out in the street and we get this call from Hermana Wright, the spouse of our mission president, and she said she wanted to go out prostelyting with us because President had a meeting in our sector. WE ALMOST DIED because how nerve wracking is that?? haha. We had 2 set appointments during the time that she would be with us, and of course, when we called to verify them, they cancelled on us! HA oh the life of a missionary, right? So when we were with Hermana Wright, we decided to go visit a certain family, hoping that they happened to be there so we could teach someone! As we are walking to there house, we happen to walk right past Samuels house and he just HAPPENS to be outside! Of course, being the sweetest human being, he tells us to come in. We had a lesson with him on The Plan of Salvation...the crazy thing is, he was so intrigued by it even though he has been taught by missionaries for a year! it was like he had never heard it before. We ended the lesson and began to talk about baptism again, but Samuel said he didnt know why he could take a little baby step. He didnt know why he was so scared of commitment. Thats when Hermana Wright told him that he should read Alma 32 in the Book of Mormon....the best chapter EVER if you want to learn more about faith. Honestly, I thought "there is NO way that he has never read this chapter before...". WELL we had an appointment with him on Saturday, just me and Hermana Valladares this time. He hadnt read the chapter all the way through, so we decided to read it with him and let me tell you... something changed in him. He was so thoughtful, reading each verse over and over. Then he would stop, and start thinking out loud. Finally he said "Thats it, Im going to exercise my faith and Im going to go to church tomorrow. BUT im going to go alone. I dont want anyone to have to help me. Im going to go!" I honestly COULD not believe it. It was literally a miracle.
The next day was Sunday and was Ward Conference. And guess who was there? Samuel. We sat right next to him during all of sacrament and he was very attentive and asked a lot of questions. He didnt say much afterwards (hes a very thoughtful person) but seemed to be very content and the ward members were SO good at coming up and introducing themselves and making him feel comfortable. I just have to say that I know God is our loving Father. He listens to us. He knows the needs of each one of us. He hears our silent, unspoken prayers. He knows Samuel, and I have complete faith that He is answering Samuels prayers, he just hasnt recognized it yet. 


me and hermana sullenger... we have become SUCH great friends.
I seriously love her so much!! Shes from Utah,
and has been out on her mission for almost 7 months.
its crazy to think that shes the only one
i get to speak english with on a daily basis!!

 

The language is coming along really well (at least I feel like it is). We had a lesson with new investigators this week...two cute grandparents and their son who is like 40 years old....and during the middle of the lesson I was talking about this earthly life in the plan of Salvation and the old man, Fernando, began to smile really big. He finally said "I just have to say, I am SO IMPRESSED with your Spanish. Youre an American and you can speak so incredibly well!!!!" Okay I feel like he was just trying to make me feel good, but oh well, it worked!!! it made me so happy. Its been a really good week and im praying that I can do some more growing this week. Tomorrow we get to take a recent convert to the temple to do a little tour of the temple grounds and one of our investigators is probably going to be able to come too! I know that they will be able to feel the peace and comfort that the Spirit brings. 
ZONE PICS!!!!!!!! from zone conference this week....
our last with President and Hermana Wright!! sad day...

I love you guys so much, and I am SO thankful for this Gospel. Remember to always say your prayers and to read your scriptures every day, even if its just a little verse or part of a chapter. I promise that doing that will bless us so much!!!! I love you guys SO MUCH!! Until next week!

SHOUTOUT TO MY BEST FRIEND IN THE WORLD, JOSHUA KELLER, WHO JUST GOT HOME FROM HIS
MISSION IN THAILAND. Josh, I cant believe youre finally home....it seems like it was just yesterday that you left! I love you tons and Im so happy you get to be with your family!! Congrats!!!

xoxo
Hermana Randall
"The Lords got this"

No comments:

Post a Comment