Wednesday, June 24, 2015


Hello my dear family! 

Just need to say, HAPPY FATHERS DAY, DAD! I love you so much and I hope you had the best, most relaxing day because you deserve it. I miss you guys more than you know. Seriously. I cant wait to give each of you a BIG HUG in 12 months!

This week has been a roller coaster for me, but its been full of new experiences, good experiences. I have noticed over the weeks that my love for the people here, especially my sector, especially my ward, has grown tremendously. I love them with all of my heart. I think everyone wants to feel accepted, to feel loved, to feel like they have a place, right? Well my ward has done a great job of helping me feel that way and i am so thankful for that. They have been such a blessing to me. Im not going to lie, I have been struggling a lot these past 6 weeks, but people here are incredible and have helped me so much.

My companion Hermana Valladares

Every Tuesday we have had lunch with Hermana Campillay, the sweetest, most precious and tender 86 year old grandma you will ever meet. She doesnt have much, her and her two children have their own families and kids and they all share a house with separate rooms and a bathroom outside. But every week she gives us the most incredible meal, always making sure we are stuffed to the brim. This week I was still struggling... and the day we had lunch with her I was a little grumpy. I remember sitting at the little table in her bedroom eating her food and thinking of all of the problems that i felt like i had. i remember feeling so sorry for myself. after the meal, we shared a scripture with her and were thanking her for always giving us so much love. You know what she said to me? She said she felt guilty sometimes in the mornings, when she would make a cup of tea and eat some bread because she knew that people were out in the cold, suffering. SHE, Hermana Campillay with her humble home and her humble life, felt bad for being so fortunate. This taught me a really big lesson that day. Though I may be struggling sometimes, there are always people who are struggling more, and my job as a missionary is to bring the joy of the gospel to their lives. 

Kade, Koy, Eli, I love you guys more than you will ever know. I hope youre enjoying this summer!! Make the most of it, okay? MAKE GOOD CHOICES, REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU STAND FOR, do I sound like mom yet? :)
Mom and Dad, thank you for all you do for me. I promise I appreciate you guys more than you know. I love you all so much and miss you to death!!!

xoxo
Hermana Randall


No comments:

Post a Comment