Tuesday, July 7, 2015

 Family and Friends,

1. VIVA FREAKING CHILE
Chile won Copa America 2015, in case anyone was wondering. Game day we had to be locked inside our pensions from 5 and on. SERIOUSLY the craziest, funniest thing to be sitting inside our pension "studying" (haha we actually were studying i promise) but also with the windows opening, listening for the cheers of literally the entire country. haha. In all seriousness, I love the pride that this country has. Its the kind of feeling that makes you just fall in love with the culture, with the people, makes you want to be a part of it! But let me tell you, when el partido ended, the world went craaaazy. Screaming, sirens, crazy people in the streets chanting and burning things and smashing car windows...nah just kidding about the last two. But really. Hahaha it was the best thing ever. Im pretty sure if we had been outside IN it, as missionaries, wouldnt have been so cool. But WAY TO GO CHILE. (Btw one of my best friends since the beginning, Hermana Jimenez is the proudest Argentina you will ever meet...so you could say it was really hard for her to swallow this defeat.)

2. Happy 4th of July! Dang...that is one holiday that I truly miss. As I just babbled on and on about how much I love Chile, The United States is my home forever and ever and I am SO PROUD to be an American.

3. We met President and Hermana Morgan this week!! They seem so awesome! I am very excited for this new time with them...even though I will miss the Wrights so much!




4. "And after their temptation and much tribulation, behold, I, the Lord, will feel after them, and if they harden not their hearts, and stiffen not their necks against me, they shall be converted, and I will heal them." (D&C 112:13) My dear companion helped me a lot with this scripture this week. With the challenges and difficulties that I have been going through for the past two changes, there have been times when I have hardened my heart. When I have almost felt so low where I have felt like no one could help me. But this scripture tells us that the Lord feels after us AFTER these times (and I love how in spanish it says, that "I the Lord, los buscaré" which means He will search for us, He will look for us. Then it says, that if we DONT harden our hearts, and try our best to get through our afflictions with His help, we will be converted and he will heal us. I know that the Lord is on my side helping me, even when I feel like sometimes He has forgotten about me. He never forgets about us. He is always looking to heal us.
I am grateful for this opportunity to learn and to grow.

xoxo,
Hermana Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment