Friday, July 31, 2015

My dear family and friends,







Cambios, changes, have been made in the mission....and I AM STAYING IN CORDILLERA WITH HERMANA VALLADARES! I am so happy to say the least, because we have the most incredible ward and the most amazing investigators and I am so so so thankful for the opportunity to be in this sector just a little bit longer. Something pretty sad is that Hermana Jimenez, who was in the CCM with me, who came with me into the field, and who has lived with me for 7 months straight, has changes and is moving to another sector. She has ALWAYS been the one to make me laugh, cry with me, she is like my sister. I am going to miss her like CRAZY.




I broke down and bought a DOUBLE CHOCOLATY CHIP FRAPPUCINO
Add these are our ZONE TSHIRTS! hahaha my district leader is a goof and picked out the colors, not a big fan but I love Cordillera.


This week has been pretty rough because on top of everything, I got tonsillitis and had to take two different antibiotics and still feel pretty darn crummy but it doesnt even matter because I am in love with our investigators. Seriously. Its been almost "healing" in a way for me. To know them, to have the relationship that I have with them. Not this Sunday, but the next, our investigator Beatrice, the sweetest most loving 12 year old ever, is going to get baptized and hopefully her mom soon after! It makes me so happy because every time we are with them, they are just so eager to learn, and so loving! The mom (also named Beatrice) was going through a deep depression when we found her, when I was struggling so hard....and now she is doing so much better and hugs and cries and thanks us every time.
The Novayesky Miranda family....Mauricio is less active and his wife Fransisca is one of our investigators and their PRECIOUS son, Bruno! they came to church this Sunday and it was so great!!!!

Samuel, Gloria, and Pascal!! They have baptism dates and they are the most amazing, receptive family!!!!!!!

We have another family--a family of three. Samuel and Gloria are the parents, and Pascal is the daughter and shes 19 years old. We contacted Samuel a while ago when he happened to be outside of his house and he said we could pass by...when we did, he wasnt there, but his daughter Pascal said we could come in and wait for him! So we began to talk to her. Eventually, after our 3rd visit, the mom, Gloria, who also suffers from depression, came out of her hiding place (her room...haha) and admitted that she had been listening the whole time and now wants to know more. We go every Sunday and teach them the lessons and they are just incredible. This past lesson we taught them about the Restoration of this Gospel....and it was my turn to talk about the First Vision and Joseph Smith. All i can say is that the Spirit was so strong and after I quoted the first vision and testified ( while i had tears in my eyes) Pascal was bawling! It was such a great feeling. They tell us that they notice a HUGE difference in their week when their hermanas dont come to visit. I love them so much.  


I just want to say that love heals. Love heals whatever wounds we have. Not just the love that we have for other people, or the love that people have for us, but the love of Jesus Christ. His love is so pure and so perfect that no matter how hurt we are or how deep the wound is, His love can fix it. I am so thankful for my Savior. He has literally saved me, over and over again.
I love you allllll so much.

xoxo
Hermana Kenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment